Last Man Standing and Doctor Phil

For today’s adventures, we went to two separate tapings the first being Doctor Phil and the second being Last Man Standing. Out of the two, I believe I got the most information out of Doctor Phil. On that set, we got to experience what it is like to shoot a multi-camera show that can only be done in one take but isn’t live. In addition to this, we got to see a variety of cameras being used and a sort of pecking order among PAs. However, at Last Man Standing I had a different experience. As much as I love watching it on TV when I saw it live it lost all its luster to me, and I don’t really know why. Don’t get me wrong I still found it useful because unlike Mom I could see what they do in between sets. But it just goes to show you that even though you may like its finished product watching it get made may not be the most enjoyable experience.

Comments