Dan Eldon and Carols Second Act


On today's agenda, we began with the Dan Eldon Center for Creative Activism and ended with Carol's Second Act. Out of the two, the most influential for me was Dan Eldon Center for Creative Activism. When we arrived we met Kathy and Amy Eldon, the reason for meeting them is that we have watched both the Journey is the Destination and Dying To Tell The Story. Honestly, when we met them it was surreal we have watched their work and experienced for ourselves the worst moment of their life. But it wasn't the shell shock of meeting them that was what made this day for me its what they said. The way they talked about life and how worldly and in touch with their lives they are, it made me feel small. This entire trip was at least for me to figure out what I wanted to do, but ultimately I still felt confused. Don't get me wrong I know I want to edit and do some camera work but to be honest I really didn't know from there.  Kathy talked about how she woke up once and had an epiphany for the idea of the Center and I had a similar experience. With the culmination of potentially graduating and trying to figure out what to do next, I had my own kind of epiphany. I know I need to get better at my craft and I want to get to know more, and ultimately get to know myself more. So what I took away from this day was that I need to work on myself and my craft before I can move on with my next step.





Comments